Saturday, October 23, 2010

Re-fashioned Shirt

I can't believe I never thought about doing this! I have all these shirts I was just getting ready to take to DI because I don't wear them. I've had the brown t-shirt FOREVER and the green shirt was $2 at Old Navy last year. The blue material is leftover scraps from the boy's Halloween costume.

I don't own a sewing machine (right now) so I had to hand sew everything! I cut out the leaves - 2 layers - and sewed around the edges. Then I sewed down the middle and pulled it just a bit before tying it off so it ruffled a little bit. I sewed (by hand again) the leaves onto my shirt in a little pattern. I just remembered that I had the undershirt thingy that matched the blues! I was pretty happy. I think the shirt needed it.

So this is what I wore out with the hubby to dinner tonight. I like it. I think. What do you think? Too much?

3 comments:

  1. definitely not too much!!!! SO CUTE!!!! and girl....what have you been doing tell me your secrets you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute! I think you are totally getting the hang of that stuff! :D YAY! Great job on that and the kids costumes! :D

    ReplyDelete